Vehicle advertising is one of the most effective forms of advertising today. At first glance, vehicle wraps and vehicle graphics appear expensive, until you compare it to other mediums like print ad’s, and you’ll see the amazing value. For example, comparing a $250 newspaper ad to a 2 thousand dollar vehicle wrap seems crazy until you consider that the wrap will be on the road for 3-7 years, not just one day. There is no equivalent marketing investment to be made today, including on line advertising. There are several reasons why wrapping your vehicle or fleet may be the perfect investment for you.
1. Reach a larger audience every day. Vehicle advertising can produce about 40,000 to 60,000 impressions a day.
2. Your advertising dollars will go much farther. So if you put an ad in the paper it’s only there for one day, at most a week right? And when you pay for air time on television, how many times is that run? Who will see it if it airs twice at midnight? Not to mention these ads are usually only 30 seconds. Vehicle graphics last years.. and then some.
3. Generate a positive opinion. About 75% of people say that have a favorable opinion of companies they see through vehicle advertising. Likewise, most people feel a company is more established and more successful when this form of marketing is involved.
4. Create a buzz and increase awareness. Think about it, 98% of Americans have been in a vehicle in the past week. 91% of those people notice vehicle advertising. Many times viewers believe that the products being advertised is being delivered, they think their neighbors are using their services and they begin to generate those positive feelings toward a brand.
5. Bypass restrictions and influence a lucrative market. There are lots of restrictions when it comes to billboard placement, rates, and timing.. having a mobile billboard is a great way to break free from that. It’s a more effective way to reach your targets. Heavy commuters are most likely to see your advertisements, these people tend to be middle aged, employed, therefore have a higher income, and most of the time have children.
(Source: Arbitron National In-Car Study: 2009 Edition) These people are probably in your market.
• Americans spend 20 hrs per week in their car – which is a 31% increase from 2003. (Source: Arbitron In-Car Study)
• 91% notice advertising on trucks, 35% actually tudy these advertisements closely. (Source: American Trucking Association)
• 71% of people notice billboards when driving past one. (Source: Arbitron National In-Car Study: 2009 Edition)
• 29% of viewers would base a buying decisions on truckside advertising. (Source: American Trucking Association)
• 56% of people say they perceive the company to be a successful one when they see truckside advertising. (Source: OAAA and Media Life “Delivering Brand by the Truck Loads”)
• Multiple studies have shown an increase in awareness from using vehicle advertising with an existing ad campaign.
How’s that for impressions?! With so much competition on the web and in the media.. consider this your best option.
Daily Newspaper Readership= 32 minutes
Pedestrian Traffic (Past 7 Days)= 6.1 miles
Vehicle Driver/Passenger (Past 7 Days)= 302 miles
Average Daily Commute (Round-Trip)= 54 minutes
Daily Radio= 2 hrs. 57 mins.
Morning Local TV News (Days Watched Past 7 Days)= 2.1 days
Evening Local TV (Days Watched Past 7 Days)= 3.5 days
Late-Night Local TV News (Days Watched Past 7 Days)= 1.8 days
(Source: Arbitron Outdoor Study: Outdoor Media Consumers and Their Crucial
Role in the Media Mix)